Friday, April 15, 2011

Quilts, What Else?

I have decided to use this space to record the quilts I am working on, as well as a few other events. It took me a while to get back into sewing after coming home from Nauvoo, with the holidays and all.
This is a table mat I made to demonstrate curved piecing. During the winter's cold evenings I hand-quilted it, and then bound it with bias binding.

We also had a project to paint and re-carpet our bedroom this winter. So of course I needed a new quilt for my own bed. That doesn't happen very often. This simple pattern was easy to piece, and it looks good on the bed. Dawn quilted it for me, and I love it.

Watch for more additions...................

1 comments:

Kallie said...

the one for your bed, i had never seen before, just the fabric. It's interesting. I'd like to see it on the actual bed. when should i come?