Sunday, November 24, 2013

50 quilts done

 This is a Disappearing 9-patch that I pieced last year for my demonstration at the quilt show.  I got it out and quilted it as a gift for some friends. 
 I made myself a cuddle Christmas quilt.  Panel in the middle, and then pieced the presents and appliqued the trees.  Minkee on the back.  Come and read a story and snuggle at my house.
 Made this as a surprise for Laura and Curtis' wedding gift, after I stumbled across a large package of fat quarters and I couldn't resist.  It is "happy colors", and very big.  Wool batting.
 There were enough scraps from that last quilt that I couldn't resist making a string baby quilt, selvedges included.  Kallie chose it for her new baby girl, coming soon! 
 I make plenty of charity quilts to practice my quilting on, and this one turned out nicely. 
Dawn came over one day, and we pieced these fun Halloween toppers.  Cute?  yes.............

And I just quilted my 50th quilt on the long-arm.   About half of those have been for other people, so I don't post pictures of those.  And, I just post pictures of some of them.  Enjoy!

0 comments: