Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nauvoo Sewing

Sister Pilling and the show collar I made for her in the sewing room.

And another for Sister Larsen.

 This lovely grandmother's flower garden quilt is in the Lucy Mack Smith home.  Isn't it sweet? 
 And I think I have started a fad.  One day while in the Family Living Center, the director asked my opinion on how to use small scraps that couldn't be used for the rugs.  I told her about "Heartstrings" quilts, and now it is all the rage.  One sister even told me how to make them when I came
             in to work one day.  I just            smiled and nodded!

So yesterday, I decided to switch it up a bit, so I made these blocks with Sister Baker's sewing help.  I ended up using a different setting, but that will give them some new ideas.

3 comments:

Kallie said...

so what do they use the quilts for?

Terry said...

they make quilts out of things they can't use for the rugs, and then they go for humanitarian efforts. Nursing homes locally for example. We need to keep busy and are always here to serve!

Laura said...

that's funny it got around to you!